Where does Earth fit in the grand scheme of things? Find out in an intriguing video filled with facts and beautiful images! Learners journey to the center of the Milky Way to discover how our galaxy works. The narrator describes the prominent features and how they all function together, as well as places in the night sky where individuals can view the Milky Way the easiest.
- Show a constellation map to ensure pupils can locate the Milky Way's bulge in the night sky
- Provide a graphic organizer for students to use during the video, as keeping track of what is where could get confusing
- Prior knowledge of black holes, stars, and nebulae is helpful for viewing the resource
- Illustrated sequences help clarify Earth's position relative to key locations in the galaxy
- The narrator provides clear explanation on the various methods used to determine the size, age, and gravity of the galaxy