This The Monroe Doctrine: Whose Doctrine Was It? lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Was James Monroe the sole contributor of the Monroe Doctrine? Young scholars study the doctrine and cite evidence to show contributions of John Quincy Adams and Thomas Jefferson in its formulation.
97 Views 123 Downloads
- Include in a unit on early American foreign policy
- Part of a larger series on the Monroe Doctrine
- Provides several lesson extensions
- Allows class members to discuss the nuances of historical interpretation