This The Mosquito Life Cycle Activity activity & project also includes:
Understanding the life cycle of a mosquito helps us understand how to prevent the spread of diseases they carry. A lab investigation provides learners with the opportunity to track the two-week life cycle of the mosquito. Scholars make observations about the stages of the insect's life cycle from egg to larvae to pupa to adult.
- Assign the click-and-learn presentation as homework; use class time to explore the concepts in the activity
- Experiment requires two full weeks to complete, but only about five minutes per day for observations
- Expects a familiarity with the life cycle of an insect prior to the lesson
- Provides several different resources to support the main activity
- Student handout includes several images to help clarify instructions