This The Most Lightning-Struck Place on Earth video also includes:
Lake Maracaibo, a bay connected to the Gulf of Venezuela, is the most lightning-struck place on Earth. Learn about the conditions that make it so, in this short video.
7 Views 5 Downloads
- The video contains no live images of lightning or lightning strikes; therefore, gather images and videos from the Internet
- Images and videos would be especially important to show kids who live in areas where lightning rarely, if ever, occurs
- The explanation presumes viewers are familiar with positive and negative charges
- The resource includes a short check for understanding, a discussion question, and an additional explanation for why lightning occurs
- Because the explanation presumes viewers are familiar with electrical charges, the video is best suited to upper elementary and middle school science classes