This The Night Before Thanksgiving activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Natasha Wing's story The Night Before Thanksgiving is a great way to incorporate rhyme and literature into the Thanksgiving season. Learners make text-to-self connections, recall main events, and choose post-reading activities from an activity menu.
- If you don't have this book, you can find it read over aloud on YouTube
- Use the vocabulary cards to do a full-class matching activity before reading the story. Then, assign one word to each volunteer and have them define the word as it comes up in the story
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- There is a writing prompt and template provided so kids can write their own rhyme about the night before Thanksgiving, which can incorporate some fun family traditions
- Includes printable vocabulary cards and definitions