This The Ocean and Climate: Heat Redistribution lesson plan also includes:
Here on Earth, heat goes with the flow! Young climatologists dive in to the connection between ocean currents and heat distribution during a science lesson. Scholars work with interactive and print resources to create a thorough understanding of the movement of heat around the globe.
- Work the lesson into an existing climate unit for a fresh look at current ocean research
- Provide a large world map throughout the lesson to give learners a visual reference as they connect to the content
- Be sure to review the Teacher Prep section to get comfortable with the new model of thermohaline circulation
- Create a class set of the handout before the lesson
- Tools for English learners are easy to locate and well-written
- Multimedia content brings the lesson to life