Use a helpful concept analysis guide when planning your unit on Ernest Hemingway's The Old Man and the Sea. The resource covers plot elements, literary themes, and possible issues to address in order to make the work accessible to all of your learners.
- Bring up the concepts and themes as discussion topics for your novel unit, before and after you class members begin reading
- Have readers collect quotes from the novel that support each theme and story element
- Provides background information about the novel
- Some of the concept analysis is the lesson author's opinion about the story
- Provides titles of related informational texts, as well as a link to the entire unit
- Does not include any activities or lessons for learners