This The Outsiders Lesson Plan unit also includes:
- Graphic Organizer
- Graphic & Image
- Lesson Plan
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
S. E. Hinton's The Outsiders is the anchor text for a how-to primer for using audiobooks in the classroom.
31 Views 13 Downloads
- Although some of the suggested technology is dated, (using a boom box, for example) the suggestions for how to incorporate audiobooks are of value
- Designed specifically for The Outsiders, suggestions and activities can be used with most text
- Activities include exercises that ask kids to read passages and predict what words the narrator will emphasize and how rapidly lines will be spoken
- Groups consider how emphasis influences interpretation
- Frost's poem, "Nothing Gold Can Stay," is not included in the packet; however, it is available online
- Additional scaffolding would be required for all learners to successfully complete Activity 5, the analysis of "Nothing Gold Can Stay"