This The Outsiders: Question Answer Relationships Strategy lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Kids learn best when asking questions about what they have read. Encourage active reading with a comprehension activity based on S.E. Hinton's The Outsiders, in which kids read passages from the beginning of the book and identify questions as Right There, Think and Search, On Your Own, and Author and You.
- Use as part of an anticipatory lesson, or in a formative assessment during your novel unit
- Have kids write their own questions as they read the novel, or to formulate a book report
- Formatting is off between the teacher and learner versions, making printing difficult
- Provides a rationale and explanation for the reading strategy
- Includes a blank worksheet and teacher version for assessment