The Personal Computer Revolution: Crash Course Computer Science #25
Mac or PC? An informative video in the Crash Course Computer Science series describes the history of the personal computer, beginning with the Altair 8800. It compares the business models of Apple (closed architecture) and IBM (open architecture) to explain why the Mac versus PC debate persists today.
- Provide learners with a timeline to fill in while watching the video
- If available, invite computer scientists to give presentations
- Note that some diehard learners may have strong opinions about the Mac versus PC issue
- Careful explanations help pupils understand complex business concepts
- Cool graphics and animations