This The Physics of Bridges lesson plan also includes:
Stability is key when building a bridge. Scholars explore the forces acting upon bridges through an analysis of Newton's Laws and Hooke's Law. The activity asks individuals to apply their learning by building a bridge of their own.
33 Views 35 Downloads NGSS: Designed
- Conduct a competition to determine the bridge with the best holding capacity
- Expects previous knowledge of force-free body diagrams
- Requires advance preparation and a specific set of materials
- Provides a rubric for each day of instruction to assess learning
- Gives detailed directions for preparation of each day's activities