What do waves and music have in common? It turns out they are one in the same! By applying important concepts from previous lessons in the Crash Course series, the 19th video explains the physics of music. The presenter breaks down the sound waves and demonstrates the motion of a standing wave using a string and a pipe.
- Create a guided notes document for pupils to complete as they view the video
- Requires individual Internet access if assigning for independent viewing
- Builds on an understanding of the characteristics of waves
- Diagrams provide an important reference for new vocabulary
- Highlights key vocabulary with written definitions and explanations