This The Power of Creative Constraints video also includes:
Lucky you has been assigned with a creative task. There are no limitations, no rules, just endless possibilities. But where do you start? If such a project leaves you feeling paralyzed, watch a video that demonstrates the power of creative constraints.
- Research innovation attempts that have failed due to the lack of creative constraints
- Conduct an experiment between several groups, having some groups design something with boundaries/constraints put into place, and have the other groups design anything with whatever and however they want; then have the groups compare results such as efficiency of product, amount of time it took, challenges they had to overcome, etc.
- Best used in a design class or during a study of the evolution of inventions
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Video link also comes with a quiz, links for researching, and discussion questions