This The Power of Introverts video also includes:
One-third to one-half of the population are introverts, yet they are increasingly subjected to a culture where being social and outgoing are prized. And as author Susan Cain argues in this video, "When it comes to creativity and leadership, we need introverts doing what they do best." Support your learners who thrive on solitude and greater autonomy, and encourage them to generate ideas free from distortions of group dynamics. Cain eloquently emphasizes that as much as we emphasize group work and collaboration, it is just as important to instruct learners how to work on their own.
- Presenter demonstrates perspective by describing both sides of an argument
- Great resource to use as a writing prompt
- Try beginning a discussion with your learners on introversion and ways to support introverts in a classroom environment
- Opportunity to flip the video: create your own multiple choice and/or open answer questions to check for understanding or add additional resources (requires free online registration)
- Longer video, though it may not be necessary to show in its entirety