This The Preamble to the Constitution: A Close Reading Lesson lesson plan also includes:
"We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union..." These familiar lines begin the Preamble to the Constitution, but do learners know what they mean? A close reading exercise takes a look at the language of the famous document. The activity includes discussion questions and hypothetical scenarios to bring meaning to the document.
- Rewrite the Preamble to the Constitution using modern language without changing its meaning
- Discuss the relevance of the Preamble to modern times
- Print copies of the student worksheet and graphic organizer before beginning the lesson
- Separates the Preamble into smaller sections to aid with comprehension
- Guide explains the key parts of the document