This The Presocratics: Crash Course History of Science #2 video also includes:
How did early scientists arrive at the notion that everything was made of atoms? Meet the Presocratics during the second installment in an engaging History of Science series. Viewers discover how these pioneers developed a model for creating scientific theories that included observation and rational discussion.
- Use the video to illustrate the development of the scientific thought process, as well as famous scientists and mathematicians
- Have the class begin creating a timeline to use throughout the series
- Consider having learners read some background information about the Presocratics before watching the video so they are better able to follow it
- The resource skillfully handles a large amount of information and makes it very understandable for high schoolers
- Super scripting keeps the content from becoming dull