This The race to sequence the human genome video also includes:
The world of genetics and DNA is much clearer than it was 25 years ago, in large part due to the success of the Human Genome Project. Watch a short, engaging video about the dueling organizations who raced to be the first to sequence the human genome.
- Flip the lesson having class members watch the video out of class and then return ready to discuss what they have learned
- Include in your unit about genes and the Human Genome Project
- Prompt your class to conduct further research on the Human Genome Project, including its history and future implications
- It's difficult to return to the video once you've begun the assessment; therefore, open the assessment in another tab
- Covers a lot of the research, competition, and strategies, but not a lot of the actual research
- Comes with a short assessment at the end of the video, as well as a list of additional resources and references