Everyone knows the smallest chips settle to the bottom of the bag, but why? An episode from a series of science videos describes the percolation effect using both demonstrations and animation. Scholars watch as smaller particles fill spaces to force larger particles to the top.
- Recreate the lab demonstration in the video to demonstrate percolation
- Have learners record three interesting facts while watching the lesson to use during a class discussion
- If assigning for independent viewing, consider monitoring the YouTube comments first
- Offers multiple explanations and scientific evidence to support them
- Instructor shows excitement for the content, which increases engagement