This The Rate of Motion lesson plan also includes:
How much time does it take to jump over three balloons? Pupils calculate the speed of tasks that require different motions. They determine motions for tasks such as walking, skipping, hopping, and jumping before creating a spreadsheet and participating in a group discussion to compare their findings.
- Have the class name ten jobs that use speed, velocity, or acceleration in their daily work responsibilities
- Play charades with vocabulary terms discussed in this lesson
- Pupils should have prior knowledge of creating spreadsheets and using a calculator for scientific conversions
- Interactive exercise engages the entire class and sparks interest
- Additional ideas and extensions offer an opportunity for differentiated learning