In this video about the reproductive system, the narrator discusses the importance of sex — to reproduce and pass on genetic material — and reminds viewers of the differences between the gametes. He then explains the reproductive parts of the male and female systems, describing how the sperm leaves the male body and joins the egg in reproduction.
- Use at beginning of teaching the reproductive system
- At 2:08, the narrator shares the shape of a duck's penis (corkscrew) and encourages learners to Google this information; be prepared for questions
- Specific vocabulary is used in the video; therefore, preview the entire video to determine if appropriate to your learning situation
- Video 34 in a series of 40
- Includes a table of contents so that a segment of the video could be replayed
- Related videos on reproduction embedded within the video
- Vocabulary keeps high school learners engaged