Aren't all rocks the same? High school earth scientists can say "definitely not!" after viewing the second in a series of seven videos. Beginning with an easy analysis and comparison of sandstone and granite, class members follow the rock cycle from beginning to end in animated form. Other topics covered include the three types of weathering, formation of fossil fuels, and rocks produced within our oceans.
- Instruct students to create a flow chart of the rock cycle as the video plays, pausing as necessary
- Pass around samples of the rock types mentioned by the narrator
- Learners with limited knowledge of rocks and the rock cycle can use the video for review throughout the unit
- The simple animations are easy to follow for earth scientists of all ages
- Video provides pause and think sections to help you make sure students are meeting learning goals