No one likes that feeling of something pointy in their shoe! Explore -ock words and practice reading comprehension with this short poem and accompanying questions.
9 Views 10 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- After finishing the questions, work as a class to come up with more -ock words
- Assign this for homework or as a starter exercise
- Ask learners to highlight or underline the words in the poem that gave them the answers to the comprehension questions
- The poem feels a bit forced; in an attempt to get as many -ock words into the text, the creators of this poem made two disconnected stanzas
- The handwriting lines provided will support beginning writers
- This does not include an answer key; however, the answers should be relatively easy to determine