This The Role of Citizens in a Participatory Democracy lesson plan also includes:
Groups research participatory democracies and compare the role and rights of citizens in ancient history with those in recent U.S. history. Guided by a series of questions, individuals compose a persuasive essay in which they discuss the meaning of participatory democracy.
- Use the resource as a framework for a world history, American history, or government class unit study of participatory democracies
- Have seniors in government classes coordinate the research with freshmen or sophomores enrolled in history classes
- The resource would best serve as a brief outline for a unit study of participatory democracries
- The 11th in a series of 17 related resources
- The two-page packet includes a list of instructional activities and research questions
- No scaffolding is provided for the various activities