This The Role of Government: The Federal Government and Fiscal Policy lesson plan also includes:
Give learners a crash course in balancing the books on the United States federal government level with an economics and government resource. Class members engage in a warm-up discussion and brainstorming session before answering questions in a written format.
- Include additional class discussion time after answering written questions
- Differentiate for English learners; allow them to write their answers with a partner
- Some basic economic pre-knowledge would be useful
- Supplies additional activity opportunities
- Scaffolds learning effectively
- Requires long attention span without much break in between reading and writing activities