Why Lesson Planet?
Museums play an important role in education and preservation of historically and culturally significant information and artifacts. Develop an appreciation among your learners for the scope and depth of work it takes to run a museum. They then design, curate, and promote an exhibit. After they analyze and compare 19th century, modern and contemporary art museum architecture, they design a museum of their own. They research the history of a museum. Field trip anyone?
- "Market Day, Queen's Square, Charlottetown" by Robert Harris
- "Untitled" by Robert Harris
- "Self-portrait" (sculpture) by Robert Harris
- "Portrait of Bessie in Her Wedding Gown" by Robert Harris
- "St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, Sydney, NS" by Wm. Critchlow Harris
- "Hon. F.W. Borden Residence Additions, Canning, NS" by Wm. Critchlow Harris
- "The Local Stars" by Robert Harris