This The Roman Empire. Or Republic. Or... Which Was It? video also includes:
Who and what exactly constituted the Roman republic? Mr. Green begins this history presentation by detailing Julius Caesar's rise to power and his impact on the republic. He reviews government structure and leadership roles, achievements of Caesar's rule, and finally a discussion on the general value of the Roman republic and whether or not it was worth preserving.
- Speaker moves through material very quickly, so consider using the video as a review or to glean very general themes, rather than for instruction on more specific information
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Compares Caesar's rule with past Roman dictators, such as Marius or the Roman general Sulla
- Considers historical foundations of Caesar's rise as an emperor
- Provides a lesson plan and student worksheet packet for extended instruction