Ready for a lesson on the wonders of cooking? Young scientists view the short video segment and explore the science of temperature changes on physical and chemical properties in food as the cooking process transforms raw ingredients into a delectable dish for all to savor.
- Have the class host a BBQ cook off, where they demonstrate recipes and discuss the science behind what occurs to produce tasty dishes for all to enjoy
- Take the lesson one step further and integrate a microbiological component into the mix; have the class research possible consequences of undercooking meat and what could be experienced if this should occur
- If you use the Instructional Ideas, follow safety precautions to avoid burns or injury; also ensure no student is allergic to food ingredients before preparation begins
- Engaging and exciting lesson that offers the class an opportunity to experience hands-on application of the principles conveyed
- Short video segment outlines important details, providing ample time to integrate additional materials for a well-rounded lesson that will reach pupils with all learning styles