This The Science of Static Electricity video also includes:
Add some spark to your physical science instruction with this short video on static electricity. Taking a look at the fundamental structure of atoms, this fun film explains how rubbing objects together can cause electrons to move from one place to another, eventually leading to a static discharge that restores the neutral charge equilibrium.
- Show this video as an engagement activity during a lesson on static electricity
- Create a note-taking guide for the class to complete as they watch the video
- Flip your science classroom by assigning this video and short assessment as a homework exercise
- Video engages viewers with fun animations that support the information being presented
- Included with the video is a brief assessment with five multiple choice and three free-response questions
- TEd-Ed allows teachers to design their own lessons based on the instructional videos