Are superheroes science fiction ... or just really fancy science? Go even further behind the scenes with the characters from Avengers through a video from the American Chemical Society's Reactions playlist. Curious chemists learn the secrets behind Iron Man's amazing suits, how Captain America and his shield are both indestructible, and how Black Widow can heal so quickly.
- Use the video to add an element of fun to a periodic table or properties of elements lesson
- Have the class create theories about the science behind their favorite superheroes
- Make sure pupils are familiar with the characters discussed in the video
- The narrator and cast give clear explanations for the science behind each super power
- Video is very entertaining, yet informative