Have you heard of the cinnamon challenge? The video explains why it is a horrible idea and can lead to serious illness, injury, and possibly death. It focuses on the properties of cinnamon and the way bodies react to eating it in large amounts. Focuses on the respiratory system and the damage that can occur from trying it.
- Show photos of cinnamon in its natural form as tree bark and have pupils guess what food they are seeing
- Research the discovery of cinnamon as a somewhat edible food
- Show video with caution as teens are likely going to try proving they can beat the odds
- Includes a link in the notes section that shows the presenter's brother attempting the cinnamon challenge
- Provides references to all facts contained in the video