Examples of the scientific method in everyday life include: trial and error problem solving, making a budget, cooking, and designing an advertisement. The video explains the steps of the scientific method and two examples of it in real life. Then, it details the differences in types of experiments and data.
- Have students write in their science journals the steps of the scientific method and one example of how they have used it in the last week
- Expand on the differences between qualitative and quantitative data
- Works best as an introduction to the scientific method and independent versus dependent variables
- Short length does not require much class time
- Works well in both traditional and flipped classes