This The Sedition Act and the Virginia and Kentucky Resolutions worksheet also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Should limits be placed on freedom of speech in a time of national emergency? This is a question that has arisen at various points throughout the history of the United States, first originating with the Sedition Acts of 1798. Read about the events that led to the passage of this act and how the state legislatures of Virginia and Kentucky would subsequently resolve this act to be unconstitutional.
- Informative reading material
- Includes appropriate follow-up questions for discussion or written response
- Some spelling/grammatical errors
- Requires some background knowledge of the time period, particularly of the Jay Treaty