The Colossus of Rhodes, the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, the Lighthouse of Alexandria. Young archeologists investigate the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, map their locations, and match their names with brief descriptions and images. Individuals then develop their own list of seven modern world wonders.
- Have class members compare their lists of modern wonders with those listed online
- Combine the activity with a reading of Percy Bysshe Shelley's poem "Ozymandias"
- Although the provided link to a website that provides history on the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World does not work, other images and background information on these marvels are available on the Internet
- As part of their research, asks groups to investigate the remarkable engineering of these structures
- An answer key is provided