This The Sixties: Notes from the Ho Chi Minh Trail lesson plan also includes:
Young historians research the rationales for fighting the Vietnam War, and the controversies surrounding it. They watch film clips, examine photographs, and read Lyndon B. Johnson's message to Congress to gather information for a four-corner debate.
- For additional background information, have expert groups watch different episodes from Ken Burn's 18 hour documentary, The Vietnam War and then ask them to share what they have learned
- Designed to be part of a study of the Vietnam War and/or the 1960s
- The first in a series of three related lessons
- Links are provided to all the required documents
- While the resource stresses the importance of investigating all sides of an issue, the debate activity asks class members to debate based on very limited research