This The Skeleton lesson plan also includes:
- Lab & Experiment
- Join to access all included materials
Don't be chicken to try a lesson plan that compares the anatomy of birds to humans. Read the background information so you don't have to wing it when it comes to the anatomy of a chicken. Prepare cooked chicken bones by soaking them in a bleach solution, then guide your young scientists through an exploration of bones and cartilage. Finish the activity with a comparison between chicken and human anatomy to identify the similarities and differences. Note: be sure to allow yourself enough time to prepare the bones at least a day in advance.
- Hands-on experience with real bones
- Comparative anatomy encourages deeper thinking about evolution
- Accesses many different learning styles in a short time
- Requires significant set-up time for teacher