The most stable isotope of livermorium has a half-life of around 53 milliseconds. Pupils understand the synthetic element and appreciate the unique properties with a video on livermorium. It describes the many scientists who collaborated on the discovery and the pride a town has in the naming rights as part of a larger series on the chemical elements.
- Discuss why scientists named the element after a city in California when they discovered it in Russia
- Assumes prior knowledge of the other elements in the same periodic group
- Share the video without displaying the comments if at all possible
- Provides closed captioning for the hearing impaired
- Connects science, geography, and technology