Scholars briefly review meiosis and then apply these steps, through visuals, to Sordaria, a fungus that can be grown in class to support meiosis. The lesson emphasizes the importance of crossing over in meiosis and shows how to calculate crossing over. This is part 32 in a series of 37.
- Pause video when the narrator asks questions and allow learners to discuss and share answers
- Google the lab and complete in class
- Must have a computer, Internet access, and a projection system to complete
- Part 32 in a series of 37
- The narrator asks a question of viewers at 5:17
- Great review, through visuals and discussion, of meiosis