What happens to the speed of light as it goes through a glass door? Light travels slower through glass than through air, but does the speed of light change or is it just our perception? The short video explains the speed of light as it relates to wave behavior and particle behavior to answer these questions.
- Explanation offered in the video is not complete and will need to be taught fully in order to avoid student confusion
- Assumes some prior knowledge of wave-particle duality
- Remember some comments are not appropriate for pupils and shouldn't be shown during class
- ELLs benefit from closed captioning in 13 languages
- Analogies offer ways to better understand the concept