This resource also includes:
- Summer Fun Summer Learning Program Student Journal
- Teacher Reference
- Join to access all included materials
Take note. Soul music. Gospel music. Country music. Summer comes alive with the sounds of music as program participants learn about various genres of music, create instruments, and write and perform songs about the facts and traditions of these genres.
- The resource is appropriate for families as well; consider providing the link or putting together a packet of suggestions for class members to take home at the end of the school year
- The five-day unit is divided into daily two-hour block periods
- It is the last in a series of five packets of summer enrichment programs designed to combat "summer slide"
- The series is designed by the National Center for Family Literacy (NCFL) and The Salvation Army to promote family literacy
- The 46-page packet includes an overview of the program, suggestions for parents, step-by-step plans for the activities, and extension ideas
- Also included is background information about the development of the various music genres