Prove your textbook wrong! A detailed video lesson debunks a traditional explanation for the collapse of a bridge in Tacoma in the 1940s. The narrator outlines why resonance is not the culprit and explains the concept of aeroelastic flutter as the true cause.
- Find a video of the Tacoma bridge to show prior to the lesson video
- Include an example of an incorrect textbook explanation for the bridge failing
- Assumes an understanding of resonance
- Offers multiple possible explanations before giving the correct explanation
- Embeds actual video of the bridge during the lesson