This The Temperature Effect lesson plan also includes:
How temperature affects the efficiency of a solar panel is the focus of the third in a series of eight resources that presents how engineers are able to control the temperatures of photovoltaic panels. Class members find out how the output of power can be estimated at different temperatures.
- Invite a solar panel salesman to come to class and explain the system and the efficiency of their product
- Research the solar panel efficiency and determine how much the efficiency drops as temperatures rise
- The reading presents the same information that is contained in the teacher resource
- Includes assessment questions to ask throughout the lesson
- Engineering connections show how the content affects engineering decisions
- The general equations are hard to read on the teacher resource