This The Ticket Roll activity & project also includes:
This is your ticket to understanding estimation. Scholars estimate the number of tickets on a ticket roll. To perform the task, they use pictures and given dimensions of a ticket roll and of a single ticket and apply concepts of area and circumference.
- If available, consider bringing in a ticket roll for the class to explore
- Learners should have experience with diameters and areas of circles
- Note that pupils who have used a ticket roll before will have a definite advantage over those who have not
- Lists additional questions to consider that fellow teachers submitted
- You must access each image separately, which makes printing the resource a bit cumbersome