This The Town Mouse and the Country Mouse activities & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Accompany the story, Town Mouse Country Mouse by Jan Brett with an assortment of activities designed to reinforce concepts covering story structure, comprehension, grammar, and social studies. Here, scholars identify the difference between rural, urban, and suburban communities, illustrate a book, read and create similes, and use map skills to answer questions.
- Schedule time in class to browse related stories and web sites listed on the first page of the worksheet
- After reading the story, assign activities as English language arts center projects
- Put on a production of the story; create the script, and incorporate applicable theater cues from page six
- This lesson follows the theatrical version of The Town Mouse and the Country Mouse; however, the majority of the lesson can be modified to follow the book version, Town Mouse Country Mouse by Jan Brett.
- Check out or download a copy of Town Mouse Country Mouse by Jan Brett
- Learners should be familiar with reading a map, using a Venn diagram, and identifying similes
- Extension and challenge activities are provided on the pupils' worksheet allowing for a quick transition to another task
- The variety of activities enhances engagement and incorporates different subject matter