Empower teenagers to take political matters into their own hands! After completing an engaging warm-up activity, class members discuss both sides of the youth voting issue, learn about the connection between military history and the Twenty-Sixth Amendment, and write a letter to enact policy change.
- Extend step three in the procedure by assigning the topic as a take-home research project
- Includes all the handouts you need
- Some prep required; you must provide a list of policy makers in your area
- Engages pupils with kinesthetic warm-up activity
- Enables future participation in democracy
- Incorporates a variety of activities
- A background lesson that goes more into depth on the draft makes the exercises even more effective