Music, writing, and activism all tell the story of history! The resource uses these elements and more in a presentation to discuss the Jazz Age and Harlem Renaissance. Your class views biographies, discusses important events, and analyzes primary sources.
- Provide learners with graphic organizers to take notes
- Give scholars a research project to study each figure in more depth
- Take into account the sensitivity of some topics to class members
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Builds primary resource skills
- Increases interdisciplinary learning of history, culture, music, and the arts
- Includes review questions for the end of the presentation