This The Ups and Downs of Populations lesson plan also includes:
Life has its ups and downs ... especially if you're an animal! Biology scholars engage in a population study through an inquiry-based lesson. Pupils work together to explore the factors that affect deer populations, then examine the habitats and needs of an animal of their choosing. The Teacher's Guide includes everything you need for an impactful lesson.
- Make use of both forms of assessment to gauge the class' understanding of limiting factors and carrying capacity
- Show a video describing The Texas Mosquito Mystery to show a different facet of limiting factors
- Print and laminate the Population Cards to prevent wear and tear
- The Population Cards add some variety to the lesson and create more opportunities for discussion
- Lesson progresses logically and builds data analysis skills along the way