Study the beauty of the landscape around you with an innovative art lesson. After discussing the foreground, background, and middle ground of landscape art, kids work on making their own piece of landscape art. The lesson provides several options to making the artwork, such as colored pencils or oil pastels.
- Extend the activity with a creative story about the landscape that your kids create
- Decorate your room with your kids' work
- Use the lesson on a field trip to a scenic location
- Depending on how you extend the lesson, it could take a few class periods or several weeks
- Provides extension activities and ideas for assessment