This The “WhatPower” Function lesson plan also includes:
The Function That Shall Not Be Named? The eighth installment of a 35-part module uses a WhatPower function to introduce scholars to the concept of a logarithmic function without actually naming the function. Once pupils are comfortable with the concept, they are given the proper function name and definition.
- Use the problem set as a homework assignment
- Lesson notes assume the use of a document camera, but any other presentation device will suffice
- Sets up the next few lessons, so it is extremely important pupils understand the basic concept of logarithms
- Resource contains a Frayer diagram to summarize the logarithmic function
- Teacher guide includes guiding questions to use for discussion