Not only does Patrick the Starfish live under a rock, but so do many other types of creatures. From slugs to centipedes to spiders, rocks are home to all sortss of crawly things. Find out more in the video.
5 Views 4 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Take a nature walk around the school to look for creatures living under rocks, and have pupils record their observations in an observation sheet
- Prepare a worksheet to go along with the video so that learners can answer questions as they watch
- Resource is the fourth in a series of 26 Earth science videos
- Best suited for elementary-aged scientists
- Provides safety tips for looking at living things under rocks
- Cartoon and real images help support the topic under investigation