This Theatre Arts lesson plan also includes:
What skills do storytellers employ to bring to life the characters and events in their tales? After listening to a recording of a Haitian folk tale, class members consider how tone of voice, pace, and gestures can be used to enliven a presentation.
- Schedule the lesson prior to Halloween and have class members prepare an oral presentation of an original or a classic ghost story
- Requires copies of "The Alligator and the Eagle,"
- While designed for theatre arts classes, the exercise may be used to prepare language arts students for oral presentations
- The seven-page packet includes detailed plans for each of the three tales, worksheets, and follow-up activities
- No link is provided to the recording of "The Little Boy and the Ayayay"